🍴🍲 SLOW COOKER SUNDAY 🍲🍴
• 2 pounds stewing beef
• 2 cups of beef or chicken stock
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
• 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
• 3-5 small sweet potatoes, cubed
• 1 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon of paprika
• 3 bay leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon of pink salt
• 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1 teaspoon each dried rosemary, basil, and oregano
• 1/8 cup arrowroot powder (if you want to thicken your stew)
STEW COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place meat into slow cooker.
2. Add liquids then all other ingredients except for arrowroot powder.
3. Cover and cook on low for eight hours.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THICKEN
1. Just before you’re ready to eat, use a ladle to spoon out most of the liquid into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Stir a small amount of the liquid into a small bowl and sprinkle in the arrowroot flour, whisking as you add it. Make sure there are no lumps.
3. Slowly pour the arrowroot mixture into the boiling liquid in the pot and remove from heat as you whisk continuously.