🍴🍔🍟 TAKEAWAY THURSDAYS 🍟🍔🍴
* * * SATAY CHICKEN * * *
– 600g Chicken Breast cut into chunks
– 1 clove Garlic, crushed
– 1 chilli, chopped
– 1tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
– 2tbsp Melted Coconut oil
– 1tsp Honey
– 2 tsp Himalayan Salt
– Wooden skewers, soaked in water for an hour+
* * * SATAY SAUCE * * *
– 2tbsp Coconut oil
– Half small Onion, chopped
– 1 chopped Chilli
– 1 clove of Garlic, crushed
– 150g Natural no added sugars Peanut butter
– 1tsp Honey
– 200ml Coconut milk
– Splash of Fish sauce
1. Marinate your chicken, preferably over night or at least 3 hours before cooking.
2. Blend together, garlic, chilli, balsamic vinegar, salt, coconut oil, honey and pour into a flat bottom dish, add chicken, cover all with the marinade, place in the fridge.
3. Heat coconut oil in a pan, add onion, chilli & garlic and fry until soft.
4. Reduce the heat, add your peanut butter, honey & Fish sauce, stir quickly as you don’t want it to stick to the bottom.
5. Once the sauce is combined transfer to a blender/processor, add the coconut milk and blend, add more if the mixture is too thick. Pour into a serving bowl.
6. Get your marinated chicken and thread onto dampened wooden skewers.
7. Place on a rack & under the grill, turn the skewers as each side becomes done.
8. Serve the chicken with the satay sauce & some stir fried vegetables.