🍴🍔🍟 TAKEAWAY THURSDAYS 🍟🍔🍴
* * * 🍴 LASAGNE 🍴 * * *
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
• 450g Mince
• 1 egg
• 450g cottage cheese
• 435g passata or chopped tomatoes
• 8 mushrooms, sliced
• ½ yellow onions, diced
• 2 clove garlic, minced
• 10g finely chopped parsley
• ½ tsp. pink salt
• ½ tsp. pepper
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• 1 tsp. dried thyme
• 200g mozzarella
1. First, preheat your oven to 190c.
2. Slice the sweet potatoes very thin, approx. ⅛ – 1/16 of an inch the more uniform the better so they cook evenly.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese with the egg and parsley. Mix well and then set aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. Once hot, add the mince, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Cook this until it becomes well-browned.
5. Once the meat is browned, remove it from the pan and set aside. Reserve about 1 tablespoon fat from the mince.
6. Add onion and cook it over medium-high heat until it softens.
7. Then, add in the mushrooms and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until the mushrooms start to become soft.
8. Add in minced garlic and cook for one more minute, until the garlic has softened.
9. Return the cooked mince and add the tomato sauce into the pan and stir to combine. Once this is heated through, remove from the heat.
10. To assemble the lasagne, use a 9×16 casserole dish and create the first layer with the sweet potato slices.
11. Pour out half the meat sauce over the sweet potato slices and spread out evenly.
12. Pour out half of the cottage cheese mixture over the meat sauce and spread evenly.
13. Repeat these three steps with another layer of sweet potato slices, meat sauce, and then the cottage cheese.
14. Top with a thin layer of sliced fresh mozzarella and then cover with tin foil.
15. Place in the oven bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the sweet potato slices are fully tender.