BANANA & ALMOND CUPCAKES
– 1/2 cup almond butter.
– 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (4-5 bananas) + 1 extra banana, sliced.
– 3 cups old-fashioned oats.
– 1 1/2 cups plain unsweetened almond milk.
– 1/4 cup maple syrup.
– 1 tsp vanilla extract.
– 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
– 1 cup raw sliced almonds + extra for topping.
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees and position a rack in the centre.
2. If almond butter is not runny, microwave it for about 30 seconds to loosen it up.
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Spoon into muffin cups. Top with a few sliced almonds and a slice of banana.
4. Place on rack in the centre of the oven and bake until oatmeal cups are firm to the touch, about 20-25 minutes.
5. Wait several minutes for oatmeal cups to cool before. Serve hot or let cool and refrigerate.